Tool for mapping Multiple Choice and List questions
How to use this tool:
- This page will help you construct the correct structure for your mappings spreadsheet in google sheets for the LimeSurvey question types: Multiple Choice and List.
- To use this tool you will need the following information from LimeSurvey:
- The Question Code of the LimeSurvey question you are mapping
- The Subquestion Codes of the LimeSurvey question you are mapping
- With the default LimeSurvey setup, these subquestion codes are automatically generated and can be automatically filled in using this tool given the prefix and the number of subquestions you have in your question
- The Subquestion Options of the LimeSurvey question you are mapping
- These are the readable names that respondents can select as part of a multiple choice or list question.
- The number of subquestions present
- Do not count any “other” question when determining this number
- Whether or not the “Other” option is enabled
- This option in LimeSurvey is responsible for allowing respondents to write in another answer if the pre
- The Question Type
- This can either be Multiple Choice or List
- To find this information I am going to navigate within our survey in LimeSurvey to Settings > Questions list > then click on the edit icon (pencil) to the left of the question that we are interested in.
- Now, we are taken to the question edit page, where we can find the information we need.
- From the top of the page we can extract the following information:
Question Code: Pronoun
Other option is enabled: yes
Question Type: List (radio)
Scrolling down we find the Subquestion information and can extract this information:
Subquestion Prefix: AO
Number of Subquestions: 5
Subquestion options: He/Him, She/Her, They/Their, She/Their, He/Their
Now this is what the tool looks like with all of the relevant information inputted:
- Now we can copy the results from this table directly over into the spreadsheet with the methods outlined earlier in the Limesurvey Setup section of the documentation.