SuAVE has been used for a number of application types:
- Browsing galleries of images managed by libraries and museums. Examples: UCSD library collections, MOPA exhibits.
- Searching and browsing inventories and portfolios. Examples: grant portfolios, community-managed lists of information resources, exiting earth observation systems.
- More detailed data discovery and exploration. Example: SuAVE invoked from searching Data Discovery Studio
- Exploratory analysis of public opinion and other surveys, including spatial and statistical analysis.
- Data science research involving image processing
- Data curation.
- Teaching exploratory analysis and data science.
- Community-building. Examples: galleries of project members.
- Reproducible sharing of data and findings.